Thursday, August 9, 2012

Are You Angry?

When my father's cancer became serious, people asked him, "Are you angry?"  "Angry about what," my father asked.  "Angry that this has happened to you!  How could such a bad thing happen to such a good person?" they implored.  The answer my father gave them has stuck with me since I heard he'd uttered these words, "Why?  Why would I be angry? (He was so confused) God has given me a good life.  I have a wonderful wife and three beautiful children.  He has blessed me with grandchildren I adore. I have had good parents, a brother and sister, nieces and nephews.  What more could I want?"  Even though he died too young, he lived every day to the fullest.  Only in death could my father comfort those of us who remain.  I admire him.  I adore him.  I love him so much.  Some of his last words speak volumes.  Those of us who are left, would be blessed to listen to that sweet, sweet man.  God broke the mold when he made my father.  I miss him already and this is only the beginning of my journey.

1 comment:

  1. So so lucky. He paved your way to a happy marriage. A happy life. A fabulous husband. How LUCKY you are to have a great dad like him. He was the key to so many good decisions and choices you have made. His love of life and sense of humor have shaped you. I'm sad for you, but really I'm more jealous. What a lucky lucky blessed girl you are. What an awesome guy. And he wouldn't let you settle for anything less. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete