Monday, July 23, 2012

A Home Within My Heart

God has niched out a place within my heart that is a home for those I love.  It is a place I carry with me everywhere I go. 

They accompany me on the roads of pain and carry me on when I grasp to find the ground to put one foot in front of the other. 

They bring me peace as the new dawn rises and as the angels appear to sing me to sleep at the end of the hard days.  They are the sweet lullaby that knows the song I have inside of my heart. 

They may not know they walk this path with me, but they are there.  Gently nudging me forward and guiding me on my way.

I take from each of them the parts I need to survive and it is my prayer, as I carry them on my way, that I can fill their hearts just as they have filled mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment